Sister Marion F. Patterson trained at the Royal Infirmary in Edinburgh. She joined the Princess Christian’s Army Nursing Service (Reserve) on March 28, 19001.
Nursing Service in the Boer War
She left Southampton for South Africa on the Canada on April 14, 19002. During the Boer War Sister Marion F. Patterson served at the General Hospital, Wynberg3. General Hospital, Kroonstad4. General Hospital, Bloemfontein5 and General Hospital, Middleburg6.
- War Office (1900) Nominal Roll of Princess Christian’s Army Nursing Service (Reserve) as at 30th September
- The Times, April 16, 1900 p8a&8b
- The National Archives: WO 100/229 QSA Medal Roll p4 created at No1 General Hospital, Wynberg; dated July 14, 1901
- WO 100/229 QSA Medal Roll p28 created at No3 General Hospital, Kroonstad; dated August 7, 1901
- WO 100/229 QSA Medal Roll p160 created at No9 General Hospital, Bloemfontein; September, 1901
- WO 100/353 KSA Medal Roll p23 created at Middleburg; February 23, 1903