Prior to going into the military she was employed at Gartloch Emergency Hospital as a sister, receiving her early training at Belverdere Hospital and Royal Infirmary, Glasgow1.
Nursing Service in WW2
266937 Sister Marion Lennox McMILLAN Queen Alexandra’s Imperial Military Nursing Service was killed at sea on the 12th February 1944, when the SS Khedive Ismail was torpedoed by a Japanese submarine in the Indian Ocean2, 3, 4. She is commemorated on the Brookwood Memorial, Panel 22. Column 2. Daughter of Samuel Mitchell McMillan, and of Marion McIntyre McMillan, of California, Falkirkshire. S.R.F.N., S.R.N.5.
- Twinspire (2015) Polmont Old Parish Church Newsletter Issue 61.
- Smith, AK (2004) Gender & Warfare in the twentieth century: Textual representations. Manchester: MUP. p112.
- Worsley, P. (Ed) (2010) SS Khedive Ismail. Maritime Heritage Association Journal Vol 21(2). p7.
- Crabbe, B. (2014) Beyond the call of duty [WWW] http://www.briancrabbmaritimebooks.co.uk/beyond-the-call-of-duty
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission. http://www.cwgc.org