Welcome to the British Army Nurses wiki
This site is the official history and heritage site of the Queen Alexandra's Royal Army Nursing Corps (QARANC) and its antecedents. The site is maintained by the QARANC Association Heritage Committee, on behalf of the QARANC and the QARANC Association. This site contains information about nurses and nursing in:
- The Army Nursing Service
- Princess Christian's Army Nursing Service (Reserve)
- Queen Alexandra's Imperial Military Nursing Service
- Queen Alexandra's Imperial Military Nursing Service (Reserve)
- Territorial Force Nursing Service
- Territorial Army Nursing Service
- Queen Alexandra's Royal Army Nursing Corps
These collectively are British Army nurses.
We have chosen to create a wiki because much of the information about individual nurses, the nursing care they gave, and the places in which they served, are all linked together. A wiki allows these connections to be made easily, and for visitors to be able to move from one piece of information to another. All of our entries are linked to the primary source material that authenticates them, so family, nursing and military historians can follow up the information for themselves.
Contributions are always welcome. You can either send us information to add to the site , or you can apply to become an editor and create pages yourself. Please use our Contact page to send us a message.